21 Nov Be Uniquely You
We feel most alive when we lean into our superpowers and embrace what makes us unique. Pursuing what we’re passionate about ignites more flow in our lives. When we go after our dreams, we become the person we’re meant to be.
Today, I wanted to share five ways to become uniquely you. Let me know which of these resonates with you the most.
1. Take a Time Assessment
Write down everything you do in a 24-hour period; what time you wake up, your morning routine, when you go into the office/start work, etc. Creating a time inventory helps us assess how we are spending our time. This is helpful since one of the biggest excuses we make for not doing the things we love is a lack of time. This also helps us get rid of the things in our schedule that don’t really matter so we can make time for the things that do.
2. Make a “Let Go Of” List
What do you need to let go of to embrace who you are and grow every day? For some, it’s procrastination, social media, or a bad diet. For others, it may be clothes they don’t wear anymore, anger, or self-criticism. What will show up on your list? Give yourself permission to let go of what no longer serves you.
3. Care More About Your Dreams Than You Do the Haters
Some people don’t go after their dreams because they care too much about what others will think. If we want to live a fulfilling life, we can’t care more about our critics than we do about our dreams. Plus, we often forget that people aren’t really thinking about us anyway, They’re thinking about themselves. So live your life on your terms.
4. Move Daily
Take a walk, go to the gym, swim, lift weights, or stretch. Choose some form of physical activity and go with it. Moving our bodies helps to shift our mindset. It helps us handle stress and anxiety. Best of all, it increases our energy and simply makes us feel great.
5. Love More
Today, so many people are hurting. They’re lonely, anxious, overwhelmed, or sad. It’s our responsibility to love each other. To remind people that they matter and they’re not alone. Who in your life could you show more love to? How different would your life look if you lead with love?
Ideas to Inspire
1. If you have a book inside you or if you simply want to start writing more, check out this episode of Create For No Reason with Terrance P. Elmore. We discussed the creative process and writing.
2. If you need a bit of creative inspiration, check out one of my favorite TED Talks by Ethan Hawke, Give Yourself Permission to Be Creative.
3. Inspiring Quote: “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything.” – Katharine Hepburn
4. Book Recommendation: If you’re in the Fourth Quarter of your life, I highly recommend pre-ordering No Regrets by Matthew Kelly and Alan Hunt. In fact, it’s a great read no matter what phase of life you’re in.
5. Journaling Prompt: How can you lead with love?
For more journaling prompts, check out my Create For No Reason Journal.