14 Aug Creative Courage
What does Creative Courage mean to you?
For me, it means making a decision about the direction of your work. To do that, you have to believe in it enough to move forward and not look back. To not allow other people’s opinions to persuade you to go in a different direction. It could be in the videos you choose to make, the opinion article you decide to write, or a strategic decision about the business you’re building.
It’s so much easier to play it safe. To share a watered-down message about your true feelings on a specific topic because you don’t want to offend or upset anyone. Or maybe you make a business decision simply for the money.
But when we believe in our work and the message we want to share, we have to be bold. We have to be courageous when introducing our ideas to the world in a way nobody else can.
Your creativity and the way you approach life is different from anyone else. Make a choice you’re proud of. Make a choice your future self will thank you for.
Ideas to Inspire
1. Discover how to live your path to mastery in this episode of Create For No Reason with my guest David Hill.
2. Did you know you can become a Dream Manager?
3. Inspiring Quote: “Accomplishing goals is not success. How much you expand in the process is.” – Brianna Wiest, 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think
4. Book Recommendation: I picked up a copy of Occasional Magic: True Stories About Defying the Impossible. It’s a book presented by the popular podcast The Moth. It’s a collection of unforgettable and inspiring true stories from remarkable people. If you like TED Talks, you’ll love this book.
5. Journaling Prompt: What does Creative Courage mean to you?
For more journaling prompts, check out my Create For No Reason Journal.