22 Sep How Strong Is Your Faith?
How strong is your faith?
I’ve been thinking about this question a lot lately. Maybe it’s because my friend Adam inspires me through his relationship with God. Maybe it’s because of my exhausting quest for certainty. Or maybe it’s my intuition preparing me for a new season.
Either way, it’s what’s been on my mind so I thought I’d invite you to explore with me.
What does faith mean to you?
According to Merriam-Webster’s dictionary, one of the definitions of faith is a “firm belief in something for which there is no proof”. Another is “something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially: a system of religious beliefs.” A third definition is “complete trust”.
So, how strong is your faith?
Having complete trust can be challenging. I see it with my clients all the time. They want a new job, a successful business, financial freedom, the perfect home, or a loving relationship, but they haven’t gotten it quite yet. And there is no guarantee they actually will. But they believe in their dreams enough to keep working towards them. They believe it will happen.
When we are strong in our faith, we can relax our shoulders and breath. We can stop holding on so tightly to the stories in our heads or the excuses we make for not pursuing our dreams. We can let go of the outcome and focus more on the process.
The stronger our faith, the more energy we can put towards building the life we want. We get to trust that we are exactly where we are meant to be while believing in our bigger future. Martin Luther King Jr. said, “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
The stronger our faith, the easier the first step. And the second, third, and fourth. Until one day you look back and realize just how far you’ve come. And when you look ahead into the clouds of the unknown, you trust that something great is waiting for you as long as you have the courage to keep going.
What is your next right step toward your dreams? Here’s to having the faith to boldly take it.
Ideas to Inspire
1. If you’re interested in becoming a better speaker and getting on more stages, check out this week’s episode of Create For No Reason with my guest, Jasmin Haley.
2. This TEDx Talk is hilarious. It’s from 2014 but it still makes me laugh.
3. Inspiring Quote: “Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it.” – Epictetus
4. Book Recommendation: Although I’m not interested in writing a memoir, I’m really enjoying The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr. It’s interesting to learn about the process. If you’ve ever thought about sharing your life story in a book, this is a great read.
5. Journaling Prompt: In what areas of life is there room to grow your faith?
For more journaling prompts, check out my Create For No Reason Journal.