03 Jul What Makes You Happy?
What makes you happy?
It’s usually the simple things; spending time with family and friends, creating memories, making progress, and pursuing our dreams.
Yet, so often, we forget how much control we have over our own happiness. We spend more time thinking about what we don’t have instead of feeling gratitude for everything good in our lives. We may even talk ourselves out of pursuing our dreams.
We convince ourselves our dreams don’t matter, that they are unrealistic or unattainable. Dreams belong to children. Dreams belong to athletes. Dreams belong to celebrities and business moguls. Dreams, we tell ourselves, belong to everyone except us.
However, when we block out the noise and make space for our cluttered minds to settle and embrace silence, we hear that little voice reminding us of our power.
The little voice pleads with us to believe we are meant for more. It asks us why we are fighting so hard for something we don’t even want instead of exerting that energy on what it is we desperately do want. It begs us to trust that it is always worth it to start moving forward.
How are you going after your dreams this week?
Ideas to Inspire
1. Discover how to break through fear, find your alter ego, and live a life with purpose on this episode of Create For No Reason with my guest Mike Zeller.
2. “When you feel lost and confused, your heart still knows the way. Your dreams know where they’re going.” You Have More to Give according to Matthew Kelly
3. Inspiring Quote: “We move through the world with a kind of tunnel vision that prevents us from enjoying what is in front of us.” – Tara Brach
4. Book Recommendation: If you want to take a break from all those fabulous business and personal development books and instead dig into something incredibly creative, check out The Best of Me by David Sedaris. His view of the world is fascinating and his writing is brilliant. Enjoy.
5. Journaling Prompt: What makes you happy?
For more journaling prompts, check out my Create For No Reason Journal.