12 Jun What’s Right is Always Available
What’s right is always available to you.
These were the powerful words spoken by Tony Robbins during a podcast interview I was listening to on Friday morning while driving to the office.
It’s so good, right? I immediately knew I had to share it with you.
While I’m sure Tony continued to wow the audience with his brilliant ideas, this one phrase hit me particularly hard because lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about stoicism. Stoicism teaches us how to keep calm no matter what happens and it helps us focus on what we can control instead of worrying about what we can’t control.
It takes practice for sure.
Even on days when we find a nail in our tire, a client email canceling their contract, and no amount of product can fix our hair, there is always good sprinkled throughout our day. There is always good to be created.
Breathing in the sunshine, texting a friend to brighten their day, hugging your kids a little tighter, and noticing the pieces of your world you absolutely love.
We have more control over our lives than we sometimes think. When we believe that right is always available to us, we experience life differently. Opportunities replace challenges, spotlights shine on what we do have instead of what we don’t, and we feel more at peace.
What is right is always available. Go find it.
Ideas to Inspire
1. Discover how to lead with creative confidence in this episode of Create For No Reason with my guest Julie DeLucca-Collins.
2. I discovered a new comedian. The world is simply more fun when we’re laughing. Check out Golf is Weird by Jimmy Rees.
3. Inspiring Quote: “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” – Paulo Coelho
4. Book Recommendation: Deep Work by Cal Newport. Most of us consume a lot of content every day. What I love about this book is how it helps us recognize the importance of boredom. Yes, boredom can be good. Cal encourages us to embrace deep thinking and work on our craft in a new way which creates true fulfillment.
5. Journaling Prompt: What do you create for no reason other than it brings you joy?
For more journaling prompts, check out my Create For No Reason Journal.